Getting Dark Circles: Causes and Treatments
Dark circles are usually formed under your eyes when dark blood vessels show up through delicate layers of skin. Although they are not any major health problem and can be treated easily. Some major reasons of their formation are:
- Fatigue- Not getting enough sleep besides making you tired and restless can also lead to dark circles.
- Age- As you grow older your skin becomes thin which can cause the blood vessels to show up.
- Dehydration- When you are not getting enough water intake the skin below your eyes can begin to look dull.
- Eye strain- These are quite common cause these days. Using phones for too long time or any other digital equipment can cause eye strain.
- Allergies- Allergies can cause you to rub the skin causing inflammation which leads to swollen dark skin below eyes.
- Sun Overexposure- Prolonged exposure to sun can cause your skin to release melanin which leads to dark skin.
- Genetics- In some cases dark circles can be obtained through parents.
Some home treatment methods-
- Get extra sleep- One of the easiest way to get rid of dark circles is to get a good 7-8 hours of sleep at night.
- Use cold compress- Take some ice cubes and wrap them in a cloth. Now apply them under your eyes for 20 minutes. These can reduce
- Use cucumbers- Take some chilled slices of cucumber and apply them on dark circles for 10 min twice a day.
- Tea bags- Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants. Hence they can help you in shrinking blood vessels and inflammation. Just take some chilled tea bags and apply them for a few minutes.
If you are interested in working in a distraction free environment visit our site blissful noises where we provide various sounds and templates to help you focus or relax.